The Elden Ring Blaidd locations and questline are all over the map, with the Half-Wolf appearing in Liurnia, Caelid, Limgrave and beyond, all to serve Ranni and even tying into the Elden Ring Sorceress Sellen questline. Blaidd is a powerful warrior who will help out in various boss fights and there’s even special rewards for pursuing his questline through Elden Ring, including getting Blaidd’s armor and greatsword at the end. That’s why we’ll take you through a full walkthrough for the full Elden Ring Blaidd questline, with all his locations and what you need to do in each one to get to the end. We’ve even explained the lore behind the character and what he’s doing!
Obviously spoilers ahead for Elden Ring generally, Blaidd’s quest and for some dealings with Ranni the Witch. Keep this in mind going forward!
Table of Contents
All Blaidd’s locations and objectives in Elden Ring
Blaidd is in specific locations depending on how far you are along his questline – as you complete his goals in one area, he’ll move to another. Problem is that some of these goals are tied to story or boss progression, so players might accidentally trigger his quest and have him move unexpectedly without ever talking to him. Fortunately we’ve laid out every place he can get to in the (rough) order he heads to them, as well as his quest objectives below.
Small point, but make sure to exhaust his dialogue when speaking to him. This should be the case with all characters, but it applies here too – when talking to Blaidd or anyone, select talk until his dialogue starts repeating. Then you can move on.
- In the Mistwood Ruins, howling from on top of a higher point. Talk to the Merchant Kalé at the Church of Elleh about this and he’ll teach the Finger Snap gesture. Head to the ruins and look up at the tallest point for Blaidd, then Finger Snap to get him to jump down and talk.
- Head to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol, the extra-dimensional prison in South Limgrave. Blaidd will be there as a summon – use him to beat the boss inside, Bloodhound Knight Darriwil, then talk to him again by the Evergaol entrance afterwards. He’ll give you a Somber Smithing Stone (2) and direct you to Liurnia.
- Talk to Ranni in Ranni’s Rise, the tower accessed by going through Caria Manor to the Three Sisters garden. She’ll explain that Blaidd is one of three servants who works for her, and he’s even present in spectral form after speaking with her.
- Head to the Siofra River by taking the Siofra River Well in West Mistwood, then hug the right cliffedge past the Hallowhorn Grounds until you see a Torrent Spirit Super Jump Tornado thing (they’re called Spirit Springs, but nobody actually remembers that). If Blaidd is here, he’ll be standing on the cliffside very close to that. Talk to him to hear his suspicions about Seluvis, and he’ll ask you to talk to Sorceress Sellen.
- Sellen is under the Waypoint Ruins, East of Agheel, and you’ll need to beat a minor boss called Mad Pumpkin Head to reach her (if you haven’t already). Talk to her and she’ll namedrop somebody named Radahn. Head back to the Siofra River to relay this information to Blaidd, and he’ll suggest a teamup against Radahn himself.
- Now players need to head to Castle Redmane in Southeast Caelid and slay the demigod boss Starscourge Radahn. You’ll have to fight through the whole castle to get there, and Radahn himself is one of the game’s tougher fights. Still, Blaidd will be in the arena as a summon. Once you’re done with the fight, talk to him in the battlefield about the mysterious falling star.
- After this, head back once more to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol and try to enter it – Blaidd has been locked inside! Free him and talk to him, but after this point, Blaidd’s questline basically becomes Ranni’s questline, which is a whole long thing that’ll take you across all of the Lands Between – but don’t worry, we’ve got a page on the Elden Ring Ranni questline and secret ending for you to check out here.
- Once Ranni’s questline is complete, head back to Ranni’s Rise (or just outside it) to see Blaidd again – only this time, he’s aggressive and out to kill you. There’s no way to pacify him – put him out of his misery and end his questline for good.
Blaidd questline rewards, and how to get Blaidd’s armor and sword
Once you kill Blaidd in the Three Sisters, he’ll drop his Royal Greatsword, a powerful Colossal Sword that scales to Strength, Intelligence and Dexterity, as well as his armor. Blaidd’s armor set is heavy but protective, and one of the better sets for those who build their characters a little tankier (not to mention it looks pretty cool).
The only piece missing is the Wolf Mask, which is found at Seluvis’ Rise tower just South of Ranni’s Rise. When approaching the entrance, jump onto the left wall and climb up to find the mask on a corpse.
For a further reward, players can go to Iji the Blacksmith at any point after Phase 2 of the questline. He’ll have added the Carian Filigreed Crest to his inventory for you to buy, a Talisman that reduces the FP cost of Ash of War arts by 25% (not a bad addition).
Blaidd lore and storyline explained
Seeking Three Great Wise Beasts in Elden Ring?
There’s three Turtle Towers around Elden Ring, and if you want to crack them, check out our Elden Ring Seek three great wise beasts puzzle and turtle locations guide!
A quick summary of what’s actually happening in the story, at least as far as we understand it: Blaidd the Half-Wolf is the servant of the powerful Witch Ranni in a very literal sense, in that he was either created to serve her, or at least divinely bound to her in some way – but is only supposed to be her servant to uphold the divine order. To start with he’s out to kill a traitor named Darriwil, which appears to be a smaller pet project, but is also generally helping Ranni pursue her larger goal of subverting the laws of the world and claiming power for herself, rather than the Greater Will.
Problem is, Ranni’s not supposed to be doing this, and her battle against the Greater Will is going to end up driving Blaidd insane. He’s going against the Erdtree and his holy programming by assisting her with her cosmic rebellion, so when you complete Ranni’s questline, Blaidd’s mind snaps and he goes insane, something he knows is a possibility but has been convincing himself won’t happen, as he just wants to help Ranni reach her endgame. That’s why you find him trapped in Darriwil’s Evergaol – his friend Iji put him in there, because he saw what was coming and thought it’d be safer for everybody.
As far as we know there’s no possible happy ending for Blaidd, at least if you’re set on completing Ranni’s quest (which unlocks the secret and best ending for Elden Ring). He either spends eternity insane in the Evergaol, or is put down by the player in combat. Either way, that’s one sad doggo.
Elden Ring hug debuff | What to do with Melina’s accord in Elden Ring | Elden Ring Stormveil gate choice | All Elden Ring Divine Tower locations | How to get the Elden Ring Raya Lucaria Academy Glintstone Key | How to use the Grand Lift of Dectus in Elden Ring | Elden Ring Brother Corhyn location | Where does Elden Ring take place? | Elden Ring Varre questline