The FIFA 22 RTTK campaign saw European fixtures affect Ultimate Team in a whole new way, with certain players awarded upgrades based on club performances and results. RTTK stands for Road To The Knockouts, and players who received FIFA 22 boosts in this way include Chelsea striker Timo Werner and Bayern winger Leroy Sane. Below we explain how the campaign works, and track every player on the FIFA 22 RTTK cards list.
FIFA 22 RTTK cards: how do they work?
FIFA 22 RTTK (Road To The Knockouts) cards were introduced to Ultimate Team on Friday, October 15. From that date onward, each selected player could earn up to two upgrades for their new item.
The first method of a player upgrading was their respective team qualifying for the knockout stage of their current European competition.
The second upgrade method was tied to individual match results. If a player’s team won three of their four Group Stage matches from Tuesday, October 19 onwards, the card also received a boost.
If a player’s team was eliminated from the Champions League and consequently awarded a place in the Europe League, then they – quite rightly! – didn’t earn a card upgrade.
As well as the initial batch of player cards released in packs (see below), EA promised “a series of Road To The Knockouts Squad Building Challenges and Objectives throughout the campaign”. The first Objectives challenge was for Lille midfielder Benjamin Andre, while Piemonte Calcio* defender Matthijs de Ligt was the debut SBC reward. Later challenges included Union Berlin forward Max Kruse (Objectives) and Real Betis midfielder Nabil Fekir (SBC).[*Piemonte Calcio is the alternate name for Juventus – for more on why they’ve had their name amended, hit our news story on FIFA 22 leagues.)
FIFA 22 RTTK players: who is included?
FIFA 22 RTTK Team 1 dropped on the campaign’s launch date of Friday, October 15 and features 13 players in total.
Nine of these are from the Champions League, including Marquinhos (Paris SG, 89), Leroy Sane (FC Bayern, 88) and Rodrygo (Real Madrid, 84). As touched on above, Benjamin Andre (Lyon, 83) and Matthijs de Ligt (Piemonte Calcio, 87) are unavailable on the transfer market.
Sane and Rodrygo were among the first bunch of players to receive upgrades, to 90 and 87 respectively.
Two initial RTTK players were assigned to the Europa League: 6ft 4in striker Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad, 86) and colossal centre-back Issa Diop (West Ham United, 83).
UEFA’s new third-tier competition, the UEFA Conference League, initially added two more cards to the FIFA 22 RTTK collection. Heung Min-Son was the pick of the entire campaign: the Spurs man gets a 90 OVR, meaning his card will set you back more than 330,000 coins as of mid-December.
FIFA 22 RTTK 2 landed on Friday, October 22. It featured 11 new cards in total: six from the Champions League, four from the Europa League, and just one assigned to the UEFA Conference League. Marco Reus (Dortmund, 89), Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona, 89) and Timo Werner (Chelsea, 88) were the pick of the CL sextet. Werner was the first that bunch to be upgraded, and is now rated 90.
Scroll down to the foot of this feature to view the full FIFA 22 RTTK card list, sorted by competition, and with updated stats as of Tuesday, December 14.
FIFA 22 RTTF cards: Are we getting those too?
Almost certainly! EA confirmed as much in an official statement: “Road To The Knockouts players are only eligible for upgrades during the Group Stages,” says the publisher. “However, RTTK is just the start of our celebrations of the UEFA competitions with more to come in the Knockout Stages of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Europa Conference League.”
FIFA 22 RTTK end date: when is it?
The final round of Champions League group stage fixtures was on Wednesday, December 8, while the Europe League and Conference League closed out their initial matches on Thursday, December 9. So from mid-December onwards these cards gradually began to drop in price, with no further upgrades possible.
FIFA 22 RTTK cards list: where can I see it?
Right here. Below is the complete FIFA 22 RTTK cards list, with ratings correct as of Tuesday, December 14.
- Marquinhos (CB, Paris SG) – 90
- Leroy Sane (RM, FC Bayern) – 90
- Andrew Robertson (LB, Liverpool) – 90
- Bernardo Sllva (CAM, Manchester City) – 90 [SBC only]
- Timo Werner (ST, Chelsea) – 90
- Matthijs de Ligt (CB, Piemonte Calcio) – 89 [SBC only]
- Marco Reus (CAM, Dortmund) – 89
- Frenkie de Jong (CM, Barcelona) – 89
- Jesus Navas (RB, Sevilla) – 87
- Arturo Vidal (CM, Inter Milan) – 87
- Rodrygo (RW, Real Madrid) – 87
- Arnaud Danjuma (LW, Villarrael) – 87
- Benjamin Andre (CDM, LOSC) – 86 [Objectives only]
- Ryan Gravenberch (CM, Ajax) – 86
- Fred (CDM, Manchester United) – 86
- Renan Lodi (LB, Atletico Madrid) – 86
- Nordi Mukiele (RWB, RB Leipzig) – 84
- Sandro Tonali (CDM, AC Milan) – 84
- Lucas Verissimo (CB, SL Benfica) – 84
- Maximilian Arnold (CDM, Wolfsburg) – 84
- Wilson Manafa (RB, FC Porto) – 82
- Alex Teixeira (ST, Besiktas) – 82
- Joakim Maehle (RWB, Atalanta) – 82
- Ciro Immobile (ST, Latium) – 89
- Alexander Isak (ST, Real Sociedad) – 87
- Nabil Fekir (CAM, Real Betis) – 87 [SBC only]
- Matteo Politano (RM, Napoli) – 87 [SBC only]
- Filip Kostic (LM, Frankfurt) – 87 [SBC only]
- Youri Tielemans (CM, Leicester City) – 86
- Edmond Tapsoba (CB, Leverkusen) – 86
- Issa Diop (CB, West Ham United) – 85
- Krepin Diatta (RM, AS Monaco) – 84
- Jordan Amavi (LB, Marseille) – 83
UEFA Conference League
- Heung-Min Son (LM, Tottenham Hotspur) – 90
- Stephan El Shaarawy (LW, Roma RC) – 86
- Hamari Traore (RB, Rennes) – 86
- Max Kruse (CF, Union Berlin) – 84 [Objectives only]
FIFA 22 guide | FIFA 22 review | FIFA 22 tips | FIFA 22 best teams | FIFA 22 ratings | FIFA 22 career mode | FIFA 22 best young players | FIFA 22 coins | FIFA 22 Icons | FIFA 22 Heroes | FIFA 22 OTW | FIFA 22 RTTK | FIFA 22 Rulebreakers | FIFA 22 Numbers Up | FIFA 22 Versus | FIFA 22 Prime Gaming | FIFA 22 Next Generation | FIFA 22 chemistry styles | FIFA 22 kits | FIFA 22 patch notes | FIFA 22 formations | FIFA 22 skill moves | FIFA 22 celebrations | FIFA 22 stadiums | FIFA 22 leagues