Knowing whether to hide the creature or hide the tech in Guardians of the Galaxy is a choice that’ll have consequences far into the game, though it’s not clear what happens if you do hide either. With the Nova Corp fast approaching and room in the Milano to hide only one kind of contraband, players will have to choose the space llama or the weapons – neither of which is ideal. Coming up we’ll explain exactly what happens depending on whether you chose to hide the creature or hide the tech in Guardians of Galaxy. There will be minor spoilers of course, but only relating to what happens as a result of your choice, which is the whole point of all this after all.
Hide the creature or hide the tech in Guardians of Galaxy
When you clear the Quarantine zone at the start of Guardians of the Galaxy you’ll find you’ve picked up a space llama for your troubles because… well, that’s the kind of game this is. Trouble with this is that you’re almost immediately caught by Nova Corp and have seconds to decide whether to hide the creature, or hide the tech. You can only hide one, so whichever one you don’t chose will be discovered by the space cops. Here’s what that means in the long run:
Hide the creature
- Nova Corp will find and confiscate the illegal tech.
- You’ll be fined 7000 units for trespassing and smuggling illegal weapons.
- You won’t later unlock additional homing missiles on the Milano because you lost the illegal tech.
- When you’re locked in the Milano at a later stage, you’ll discover the llama chewed holes in the wall that you can use to escape.
Hide the Tech
- Nova Corp will find the Llama but won’t confiscate it, so you’ll keep it and the tech.
- You’ll be fined 8000 units for trespassing and smuggling the llama.
- You’ll eventually have homing missiles for the Milano, built from the illegal tech.
- When you’re locked in the Milano at a later stage, you’ll have to escape via a mini game where you direct the llama to chew through panel wiring to release the doors.
While there’s no really meaningful difference from what you choose to hide on a grand scale, concealing the tech will give you extra weapons later for the Milano (although space battles are quite a minor part of the game), and the mini-game where you escape via directing the llama *by singing to it* is fun. So we’d recommend going for the tech, as long you don’t mind an extra thousand units on your fine.
Guardians of the Galaxy tips | Guardians of the Galaxy upgrades available | Guardians of the Galaxy box under the stairs | All Guardians of the Galaxy choices | Guardians of the Galaxy Huddle answers | Sell Groot or Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy? | How long is the Guardians of the Galaxy game? | Should you throw Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy? | Is Guardians of the Galaxy co op?